Skip to content
Serves: 3-4 People
Prep Time: 15 min
Calories: 112 kcal
- Whole Chicken (with skin)- 1500-1700 grams
- Picosa Chettinad Spice Paste - 250 grams
- EggPlant (Aubergine)- 1 Large (diced)
- Shallots( Sliced) - 2 Medium sized ones
- Brocolli( Florets) - 150 grams
- Garlic Cloves- 5 pieces
- Rosemary(Optional)- 3 twigs
- Salt - As required
- Pepper- As required
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 25 ml
- Extra Virgin Olive oil- 25 ml
- Coriander( Any Herb as Desired) - For Garnish
- Take your whole chicken in a baking tray.
- Apply the Chettinad Spice Paste on the chicken skin and massage well.
- Add Salt and Pepper to all the parts of the whole chicken(Beware there's some salt present in the Chettinad Spice Paste).
- Make a bed of all the roughly chopped vegetables and drizzle a good amount of olive oil and rosemary, mix well and uniformly distribute on the base of the baking tray.
- Place your marinated chicken on the bed of vegetable and add about 200 ml of water or chicken stock to the tray.
- Cover the top of the tray with an aluminum foil and place it a preheated oven for 45 minutes at 180° C with the foil on and then another 20 mins without the foil.
- Once cooked add apple cider vinegar to the bed of vegetables and stir well.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander as a garnish and the delicious vegetables on the side.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.