CHICKEN THIGH WITH MUSHROOM AND BLACK RICE RISSOTTO
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2):
Chicken Thigh - 450 grams (2 pieces)
Picosa's Chettinad Spice Paste - 70 grams
Coconut oil- 20 grams
Garlic cloves (sliced) - 3
Onions (Sliced) - 1 medium sized
Mushroom (Quartered) - 200 grams
Black Rice (Forbidden Rice, Parboiled) - 100 grams
Mushroom Stock/ Vegetable Stock/ Water - 250 ml
Salt (Optional) - As Required
Thyme (Optional) - 4-5 twigs
- In a frying pan on a high heat add 10 grams of coconut oil, followed by the garlic, onions and sauté it until golden.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté them until the water is dissipated. Add the thyme to the pan.
- Add Picosa's Chettinad Spice Paste and mix well. Add the parboiled Black rice to the pan and sauté and mix well.
- Add a ladle full of mushroom stock or water into the pan and mix well and add salt if required and constantly stir the rice allowing it to cook until the water is absorbed and then add another ladle of stock or water and follow the same steps until all the stock is used and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the contents from the pan and set aside.
- Add 10 grams into the same frying pan and on a high heat add the chicken thigh to the pan and sear it equally for 30 seconds on each side until golden brown on each side until it is cooked.
- Serve hot with a wedge of lemon (optional)