INGREDIENTS (SERVE 2-3 PEOPLE):
Green Moong Dal (Soaked) - 300 grams
Picosa's Ghee Roast Spice Paste - 80-100 grams (Level of Heat/Spiciness)
Tomatoes (Optional) (Chopped) - 2 medium sized
Salt - As Required
Tempered Curry leaves(Optional)- for garnish
- In a pressure cooker on a medium high heat, add tomatoes and sauté them for 2 minutes.
- Add Picosa's Ghee Roast Spice Paste to the pressure cooker and allow it to form a saucy consistency.
- Add the soaked green moong dal and mix well.
- Add 400-500 ml of water and
- Add salt if necessary and bring it up to a boil.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and on a medium flame, allow it cook for 2 whistles and take it off the flame after allowing the pressure to come down naturally.
- Serve hot with tempered curry leaves garnished on it.