PAN FRIED PRAWNS WITH BLACK (FORBIDDEN) RICE AND SAUTÉED BABY SPINACH
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 1):
Prawns (Deveined, Butterflied) - 250 grams
Picosa's Chettinad Spice Paste- 80 grams
Forbidden Rice (Black Rice)- (Boiled) 100 grams
Baby Spinach - 250 grams
Coconut oil - 25 grams
Garlic (chopped, optional)- 3 cloves
Salt (Optional)- As Required
- In a frying pan on a high heat add 5 grams of coconut oil, followed by chopped garlic and baby spinach and sauté them until the spinach is wilted.
- Add Picosa's Chettinad Spice Paste with the wilted spinach garlic mixture followed by the boiled black rice to the pan and mix well and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- After that remove the contents and set aside in a plate.
- Season the prawns before adding to the pan.
- Add the remainder of the coconut oil and on a medium to high heat add the prawns and cook until they are opaque and orange (2-5 minutes depending upon the size of the prawns).
- Serve it hot along with the bed of black rice and sautéed baby spinach.